Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Surprise Shelves.

I  don't know what about this I like better...
That the underside of the bookshelves have a colorful wallpaper surprise attached to them?!

Or the fact that the books are organized according to color?! 

Sweet.

You can see more photos & read more about 
 Ariel's DIY bookshelf surprise here via Apartment Therapy

& now I'm dying to know...
Would you do something like this in your home or is a bit too much?
I tried to convince The Husband to let me buy a vocabulary shower curtain
last night for our new house & he said no...  so I don't think he'd go for this idea either. 
(any ideas on how to convince him!? - tee hee hee)

xoxo

4 comments:

Leslie @ everygoodandperfect said...

That's such a fun idea! I actually think it's a pretty subtle decorating touch, but I guess that's because I'm a bit of a color fan. I definitely think you could convince your husband - especially if you modified it for both of your tastes, maybe making the underneath of the shelves not quite as bright, or a little more uniform in pattern/color. And of course, I love the books sorted by color. Classic and awesome. I think you should go for it :)

Unknown said...

Hmmm... On convincing your husband...

A lot of times when mine says "no" I do it anyway, telling him that if he doesn't like it he can say so.

9 times out of 10, he's smitten!

Bridget said...

those shelves are fabulous.

StealingHappyHours said...

stealing this. love this. whanna convince gids?? tell him you'll dedicate a shelf to him. and if he still resists, tell him too bad its half your house too ;) love you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails