Friday, June 18, 2010

Reel Mower Love.

Have you ever heard of a reel mower?
 Perhaps not.  (Most people I know never have.)

In my family we've been talking about them since I can remember. 
 The talk of reel mowers mainly came up because my grandfather always used to 
tell a story of mowing the lawn when he was a boy (in the 1920's), the mower jamming 
& accidentally cutting off the tip of his finger trying to fix it, which a chicken then ran away with! 

Ack! True story, I swear! He had the tip of his finger missing to prove it...
Anywho, we now have a reel mower & I absolutely love it! Why, you ask?
No need to go to the gym because it is a great work out...
No need to get gas for a mower because it is human powered...
No loud engine noise because it just rotates quietly...
Plus when you are finished you feel uber amounts of accomplishment.
 Hard work is a good thing! Trust me it is awesome! 

Granted if you have a huge yard I don't really recommend it but for a teeny yard 
or just a small patch of grass in the front of your home it is absolutely perfect. Plus it is FUN!
(At least I think so, just watch your fingers & be on the look out for hungry chickens. Tee hee hee.)
{ 1 } { 2 } { 3 } { 4 }

To read some more about reel mowers head on over here or here.
Or to get one of your own here is a good option.

xoxo

3 comments:

the southern hostess said...

Great idea! Love these.

ACupOfJenn said...

I had a reel mower at our last home and loved it!

Jelina Roy said...

Hey,

To give our gardens the best look we really need the best reel mowers and you have written a good post on reel mowers.
I myself have bought one of the Best Reel Mowers, so that I can give my garden a new look and also help readers give right ratings and reviews about reel mowers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails