Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Egg Love.

As promised here are the results of our egg dying 
a-la Martha Stewart's tips & tricks...
We used PAAS egg dye in classic colors (that means adding 3 tablespoons of vinegar)
black electrical tape, scissors, thin tip sharpie markers & lots of patience to create our eggs.
The Sister-In-Law's eggs turned out the best & were also the most colorful...
As for me, I became oddly obsessed with mustaches 
(I thought the black electrical tape scraps looked like lil' mustaches)
 So I ended up doing eggs with various types of mustaches & colored striped t-shirts...
 I also found myself talking in a french accent & being called a "weirdo" multiple times by The SIL ... hmmm?

All in all we had a stellar afternoon decorating eggs on the patio. 
I highly recommend it if you get the chance & Martha's tips worked like a charm!


xoxo

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehehe...

How funny. I so would have done the exact same thing!


Love your eggs!

Allison said...

I haven't dyed eggs since I was a kid - and they didn't turn out like these!

Kudos! They're so cute.

Nicole said...

I'm truly impressed. Nice work ladies :)

Elle said...

so impressive. i was going to try them, but alas, didn't have the time. glad to see us 'normal' gals can make them look just as good as martha!

Anonymous said...

Awesome designs in the end! You can do different takes on this and do the following:

You can dip dye the egg first before printing writing!
Simply place the egg in 1 cup full of food colouring/dye then take it out, leave for drying and without touching one side of the egg add a little water to the dye cup and dip again! Keep doing this till the whole egg is dyed!

Happy to Help,
Alexia Francesconi

Related Posts with Thumbnails